In Tallahassee, we have vertical widebore magnets that are capable of performing MR microimaging for both in vivo, in vitro and materials applications. They are equipped with Bruker Avance spectrometers and widebore imaging gradients providing diameters up to 63 mm on the 21.1 T magnet.
In Gainesville, we have a 750 MHz (17.6 tesla) widebore (89-mm) system for microimaging and in vivo imaging and spectroscopy with a 600 MHz (14 tesla) standard bore (52-mm) system for microimaging. Both systems are Bruker Avance consoles. There are two horizontal scanners (4.7 T/33 cm and 11.1 T/40 cm) dedicated for animal imaging, and a 3 tesla human scanner for translational studies.
External users can utilize animal facilities and technicians at both locations.
Techniques & Capabilities
- Dissolution Dynamic Nuclear Polarization
- Energy & Materials MRI
- In Vivo MRI
- Quadrupolar - Low Gamma MRI
- MR Spectroscopy
- Multinuclear (X-nuclei) MRI/MRS
- 900 MHz 105 mm NMR Magnet
- 830 MHz 31 mm NMR Magnet
- 750 MHz 89 mm NMR & MRI/S System (Gainesville)
- 600 MHz 51 mm NMR & MRI/S System (Gainesville)
- 500 MHz 89 mm NMR Magnet
- 11.1 Tesla 40 cm MRI/S System (Gainesville)
- 4.7 Tesla 33 cm MRI/S System (Gainesville)
- 3T, 70 cm Philips MR7700 (Gainesville)
- 3T, 60 cm Siemens Prisma MRI (Gainesville)