The generator which powers the 60T Long Pulse magnet is massive — 1.4GW — and was purchased as scrap iron in the 1980s to power a fusion project. The generator is capable of delivering 750MJ of energy in a pulsed mode. The energy is stored in the 260 tons of rotating machinery on a generator as a 60T field pulse only uses 90MJ of energy during the two-second-long pulse.
Request time for this instrument.
- Maximum Field: 65 tesla
- Bore Diameter: 15 mm
- Energy: 19 MW
- Pulse Length: 25 msec
- Temperature Range: 450 mK - 300 K
- Homogeneity: Homogeneity of 1% can be obtained within 10 mm from the center of this magnet.
- AC Electrical Conductivity
- Capacitance Dilatometry
- Contactless Conductivity
- Dielectric Measurements
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR) / Electron Spin Resonance (ESR)
- Fiber Bragg Grating Dilatometry
- High Current Measurements
- Pulse-Echo Ultrasound
- Torque Magnetometry
- Ultrafast Magneto-Optics
- UV / Visible / NIR Magneto-Optics