At the heart of the Pulsed Field Facility's user program are four 65 tesla magnets which are powered by a 4 MJ capacitor bank. These magnets can be pulsed to full field roughly every 50 minutes.
Request time for this instrument.
- Maximum Field: 65 tesla
- Bore Diameter: 9 mm He3 sample space (15 mm, 75 K bore)
- Pulse Duration: 80 ms
- Rise Time: 8 ms
- Maximum Rate of Field Change (dB/dt): 7.7 T/msec
- Temperature Range: 500 mK – 300 K
- Homogeneity: Homogeneity of 1% can be obtained within 11 mm from the center of this magnet.
- Open for users who would pay for magnet time: Yes