1800 E. Paul Dirac Dr.
Tallahassee , FL 32310-3706
- Kazan State University, Russia, MS, Radio-Physics, 1968
- Kazan State University, Russia, PhD in Physics, Double Magnetic Resonance in Solids, 1978
- Oxford University, Clarendon Lab, Oxford, UK, Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship, 1980
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Certificate in Business Administration for Scientists, 1999.
- MR imaging and spectroscopy of animal brain at ultra-high magnetic field of 21.1T. Development of MRI methods for non-invasive evaluation of tumor resistance to therapy. Comparison of sodium and diffusion MRI capabilities for monitoring and predicting the efficacy of glioma therapy.
- In vivo MR imaging of low gamma nuclei: sodium, potassium, chloride, oxygen. Development of triple quantum, back-projection and diffusion MRI methods, motion compensation during in vivo MRI.
- Scientist, Senior Scientist at Magnetic Resonance Laboratory, Crystallography Department, Kazan State University,Russia, 1970-1981
- Visiting Scientist. Oxford University, UK, 1980
- Senior Scientist, Chief Scientist, Department for Functional Diagnostics, Center for Applied Microbiology, Obolensk, Moscow Region, Russia, 1981-1992
- Visiting Scientist, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley, 1992-1994
- Staff Scientist, Center for Functional Imaging, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, 1994-1997
- Research Fellow, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, 1997-1998
- Senior Research Specialist, Biomedical Magnetic Resonance Lab, UIUC, Urbana, IL, 1998-2002
- Research Investigator, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2002-2006
- Research Faculty II, NHMFL, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 2006-
- Other Experience and Professional Memberships
- Co-Principal Investigator, Research Grant, Kazan State University, Oil field core analysis by NMR, 1978-1980
- Lecturer in Physics, Kazan Institute of Energy, 1980-1981
- Co-Principal Investigator, Research Grant, Center for Applied Microbiology, Obolensk, Development of Commercial NMR relaxometer Proton-20, 1986-1992
- Chief, Magnetic Resonance Lab for Functional Diagnostic, Center for Applied Microbiology, Obolensk, 1987-1992
- Operating and pulse sequence programming, GE MRI scanner, Winston-Salem, NC, 1997-1998
- Functional MRI training course, CMRR, University of Minnessota, MN, 1999
- Lecturer, Biomedical Magnetic Resonance, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (with Prof. Paul C. Lauterbur), 2000-2001
- Diploma, Varian MRI Hardware Maintenance, Palo Alto, CA, 2004
- MRI Pulse Sequence Programming, Philips Gyroscan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2005
- Member, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine since 1993
- Reviewer for the journals: Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, NMR in BioMedicine, Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, PLOS ONE, Cancer Biology and Therapy, Physics in Medicine and Biology, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Zeitschrift für Medizinische Physik.
- NIH/NCI, Reviewer, Special Emphasis Panel/Scientific Review Committee Member
Publications and Scientific Activities