From 2001 to 2011, research conducted in the hybrid by MagLab users shed new light on some of condensed matter physics’ most puzzling phenomena, including high-temperature superconductivity, the quantum Hall effect, Bose-Einstein condensation, and much more. The journals Nature, Nature Physics, Physics Review Letters, Science, and PNAS published 47 submissions on 45 T-powered research in that time period alone.
Request time for this magnet.
See panorama view of this magnet.
- Maximum Field: 45 tesla
- Bore Diameter: 32 mm
- Power: 30 MW
Click on images to view a larger version or to download.
- View of the 45 tesla system. View of the 45 tesla system.
- View from below of cryostat and chilled water pipes. View from below of cryostat and chilled water pipes.
- View of magnet with safety gates closed. View of magnet with safety gates closed.
- Field distribution plot done by NMR. Field distribution plot done by NMR.
- Field center. Field center.
- NMR line. NMR line.
- Cross-section of the 45 tesla. Cross-section of the 45 tesla.
- Wide view. Wide view.