Video by Stephen Bilenky
The weeklong summer school features tutorials on measurement techniques, practical exercises and plenary talks from experts in the field of condensed matter physics.
This experience is designed to provide a “technique toolkit” to early career scientists that includes:
- Noise types and theory; noise suppression techniques
- Transport techniques
- Magnetometry: AC, torque, vibrating sample magnetometer, SQUID
- Heat capacity measurements
- Infrared and terahertz spectroscopy
- Ultrasound spectroscopy
- High-pressure methods
- NMR techniques for chemistry, biology and condensed matter
- Electron paramagnetic resonance (electron spin resonance)
- Cryogenic techniques
- Measurements at ultra-low temperatures
- The nuts and bolts of data acquisition
For more information please contact Renee Luallen.