Conference Program Now Available
Download program (PDF).
The FT MS Conference is held every two years and is the premier of its kind in the field of Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry and its applications. Presentations range from instrumentation to technique development in the biological/biomedical sciences ranging from pharmaceutical metabolism to proteomics, environmental analysis and petroleomics, with special emphasis on new developments. As in the past, partial support for several contributed posters for graduate students and postdocs will be offered.
Conference Organizer: Chris Hendrickson
Conference Organizing Committee: Chris Hendrickson, Karol Bickett and Ryan Rodgers
For further information, please click on one of the tabs below.
The 11th North American FT MS Conference will be held at the Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel in Key West, Florida. The Hotel is located on a seven-acre waterfront property with lush tropical gardens set on the southernmost point of one of the world's most storied travel destinations. You can find additional information regarding the venue and the lodging accommodations at beachsidekeywest.com.
- $239.00 - Standard Room is one room with a king bed and a private bathroom.
- $309.00 - One Bedroom Resort View Suite has king bed with a private bathroom and a full kitchen, dining area, sitting area and porch.
- $409.00 - Two Bedroom Resort View Suite is a suite with two bedrooms. One bedroom has king bed with a private bathroom and the other room is a Standard Room. The suite has a common area consisting of a full kitchen, dining area, sitting area and porch.
Lodging reservations must be made no later than March 26, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. EST. Reservations made after that date are not guaranteed at the negotiated room rate. Current rate for a Standard Room during the conference period is $409.00 per night plus tax.
Reservations may be made online at: Book your hotel here.
Reservations may also be made by telephoning the Hotel directly at the toll free number, 866-679-5490. The identity to use in order to receive the conference negotiated rate is "11th North American FT MS Conference". Rates will not be changed at check-in for any guest who fails to identify that affiliation at the time of reservation. One night's guestroom plus tax will be billed to each guest who does not arrive or whose reservation is canceled less than 48 hours prior to arrival.
Other Hotel Information
- Resort fee and self parking fee is free for registrants to this conference. Valet parking is $29.50 per day.
- Hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle to and from the Key West International Airport. Please use courtesy phones at the airport upon arrival.
- There is a complimentary downtown shuttle. Please see Hotel for time restrictions.
- Complimentary wireless in the Lobby, public areas and guest rooms.
- Check-in time is after 4:00 p.m., and check-out time is 11:00 a.m. Guest arriving prior to 4:00 p.m. or departing after 11:00 a.m. will be able to store their luggage with the bell staff until rooms become available or until they are ready to depart.
Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
The Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel is located at the entrance to Key West. Address is: 3841 North Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West, Florida.
Transportation is provided to and from the airport and the Hotel. When you obtain luggage at the airport, please call the hotel from the phone board for pick up. Local number is (305) 296-8100.
Estimated taxi fare: $10 USD (one way)
Directions from Miami International Airport to The Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel:
From the airport, start out going west toward Bus Road. Turn right onto Perimeter Road. Turn left onto NW 14th Street. Turn right onto NW 45th Avenue. Merge onto FL-836W. Merge onto FL-826 via the exit on the left toward Coral Way. Keep left to take FL-874S toward Toll Road/Homestead (portions toll). FL-874S becomes Florida's Turnpike S (portions toll). Turn slight right onto US-1 and continue to follow US-1S until you come to the entrance of Key West. Turn right onto North Roosevelt Boulevard. Hotel is on the right. Approximate driving time: 3 hours, 10 minutes. Estimated distance: 156.94 miles.
- Bus service fee: $95 USD (one way)
- Estimated taxi fare: $300 USD (one way)
Directions from Key West International Airport to the Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel:
Start out going west on Faraldo Circle toward S Roosevelt Boulevard/US Hwy A1A. Turn left onto S Roosevelt Boulevard/US Hwy A1A. Continue to follow S Roosevelt Boulevard. End at the Hotel on the right. Approximate driving time: 6 minutes. Estimated distance: 1.98 miles.
February 21, 2017
Early Registration Open
March 9, 2017
Student Award Applications deadline March 9, 2017 Abstract submission deadline – Poster
March 9, 2017
Abstract submission deadline – Oral
March 17, 2017
Student Awards and Poster acceptance announced
March 22, 2017
Early Registration Deadline
March 26, 2017
Discounted hotel reservation rate ends
April 4, 2017
Registration closed; see on–site registration (must be pre–approved)
April 10, 2017
Cancellation deadline for refund
April 23, 2017
Welcome, Reception and Technical Meeting
Speakers will receive one complimentary registration fee which includes most meals at the conference. Lodging reservations must be made by calling the hotel or online. Please see Venue/Lodging tab above for additional information. Speakers need to complete their own hotel reservations and complete a registration form. Download speaker information form (PDF).
Except for the banquet talk, all talks should be 30 minutes in length (25 minutes with 5 minutes for questions).
- Donald Hunt, University of Virginia
- Nathalie Agar, Harvard Medical School
- Jon Amster, University of Georgia
- Lissa Anderson, National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
- Jim Bruce, University of Washington
- Jesse Canterbury, ThermoFisher Scientific
- Richard Caprioli, Vanderbilt University
- Helen Cooper, University of Birmingham
- Cathy Costello, Boston University School of Medicine
- Caroline DeHart, Northwestern University
- Mike Easterling, Bruker
- Francisco A. Fernandez-Lima, Florida International University
- Ying Ge, University of Wisconsin
- David Goodlett, University of Maryland
- Mike Gross, Washington University
- Kristina Hakansson, University of Michigan
- Ron Heeren, Maastricht University
- Martin Jarrold, Indiana University
- Scott McLuckey, Purdue University
- Carol Nilsson, Lund University
- Thomas Oldenburg, University of Calgary
- Yury Tsybin, Spectroswiss Sarl
- Chad Weisbrod, National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
- Evan Williams, University of California-Berkeley
- Ashley Wittrig, Exxonmobil
- Roman Zubarev, Karolinska Institute
Registration fee includes: Conference Fee, Welcome Reception on April 23, 2017, Breakfast on April 24, 25, and 26, Lunch on April 24 and 26, Dinner on April 24 and the Banquet Dinner on April 26, 2017. There is a fee for a guest attendance which is denoted below in the registration fees. Guest fee includes the welcome reception, dinner Monday night and the banquet dinner Wednesday night only.
Early registration by 03/01/2017 Extended to 3/22/2017
- Full participant - $500
- Full participant with guest - $750
- Student - $250*
Late Registration after 03/23/2017 until 04/03/2017
- Full participant - $600
- Full participant with guest - $900
- Student - $250*
On-Site Registration beginning 04/04/2017, with prior approval from conference coordinator
- Full participant - $650
- Full participant with guest - $1,000
- Student - $300*
Students applying for a student award must register for the conference and the form must indicate that a student award is being requested. Deadline for student award applications is 03/9/2017. Notification of a student award will be made by no later than 03/17/2017. Student awards are limited. Please see Student Awards page for additional information.
Go to: register
Lodging cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance to arrival date and must be made through the Hotel directly. One night's guestroom plus tax will be billed to each guest who does not arrive or whose reservation is canceled less than 48 hours prior to arrival.
Room reservations will be made for all students receiving a student award. Once notification that a student award has been made, requests will be made for any roommate preferences, as well as, arrive and departure dates.
All posters should be portrait style. Push pins will be available for hanging of posters at the conference.
Posters may be set up beginning on Sunday, April 23rd after 5:00 p.m.
All posters need to be in place by Monday, April 24th at 5:00 p.m.
Posters must be removed by no later than Wednesday, April 26th at 4:00 p.m. Any posters left after this time will be discarded.
We want to thank all of our sponsors of the 11th North American FT MS Conference. Please be sure to stop and meet with them at the conference.
Download sponsorship form.
The 11th North American FT MS Conference was held April 23-27, 2017 in Key West, Florida. The conference began Sunday evening, April 23rd. The conference ended Wednesday evening, April 26th with the banquet dinner.