Conditions and Reminders
Classroom Outreach & Field Trips and Tours are offered September through May.
- You must submit a separate request for each date you would like to schedule.
- You must submit your request a minimum of 15 days in advance, and not more than 90 days in advance.
- School-wide science events or requests for MagLab outreach at community events must be requested 6 weeks in advance.
- September is when you are allowed to begin submitting outreach requests for the school year.
- Outreach is scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
- Once your outreach is complete you will receive a request to complete a survey. This survey MUST be completed in order to receive future outreaches.
For Classroom Outreach
- Classroom outreach is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
- Please be prepared to stay with your class at all times during the outreach. Our educators are not responsible for the class, and therefore the regular room teacher must be present. In cases of a substitute, call ahead to the Center so that proper arrangements can be made. Not meeting these terms will result in the immediate cancellation of the outreach.
- Rainbows and Light outreach requires the use of an overhead projector, and a darkened classroom.
- Spectrum Analysis outreach requires the use of a darkened classroom.
For Field Trips and Tours
- Visits can be arranged on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
- Please plan to spend a total of two hours for the tour and outreach activity combined.
- Be prepared to stay with your students at all times during their visit to the lab; our educators and tour guides are not responsible for the class.
- Field Trip and Tour activities are only available for fifth grade classes and higher.
- Bring one chaperone for every 10 students.
- ONLY 1 group per day can be scheduled with NO MORE than 50 students per group.
Please read and check
By submitting an outreach request, you are agreeing to the terms listed on this page. Failure to agree to these terms and conditions will result in the outreach being declined without consideration.