Research Experiences for Teachers (RET)
This exciting summer program gives K-12 teachers from across the country the chance to participate in real-world science and cutting-edge magnetic field research.
Funded by the National Science Foundation, this six-week residential program for U.S. citizens gives teachers from across the country the chance to participate in real-world science with MagLab scientists. Through weekly seminars, discussion groups, professional development and technology workshops, teachers develop strategies and resources to translate the experience into material for their classrooms.
Each teacher accepted by the program receives a stipend, classroom materials and, if necessary, travel support and housing. Teachers are expected to return to their jobs as leaders in service education, implementing science research in their classrooms.
- The program is for US citizens only.
- The program pays a stipend of $3,600.
- Travel reimbursements of up to $600 are paid to non-local residents.
- Housing is provided for non-local participants.
- Participants are required to participate in the entire six weeks of the program.
- Participants are required to attend all daily and weekly meetings, seminars, field trips and workshops.
- Complete online application
- Submit all payment and travel documents at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the program
- Participate in the entire 6 weeks of the program
- Produce a poster based on their work to present at the poster session on the last day
- Participate in the weekly educational activities beyond the research component of the program
- Produce a deliverable lesson plan that we can post on our website based on the research and or work done during the RET program
The Summer 2020 RET application is now open. Please use the following link to apply Summer 2020 RET Application.
For more information contact Jose Sanchez at email@example.com or (850) 645-0033.