Research Experiences for Teachers (RET)
This exciting summer program gives K-12 teachers from across the country the chance to participate in real-world science and cutting-edge magnetic field research.
Funded by the National Science Foundation, this six-week residential program for U.S. citizens gives teachers from across the country the chance to participate in real-world science with MagLab scientists. Through weekly seminars, discussion groups, professional development and technology workshops, teachers develop strategies and resources to translate the experience into material for their classrooms.
Each teacher accepted by the program receives a stipend, classroom materials and, if necessary, travel support and housing. Teachers are expected to return to their jobs as leaders in service education, implementing science research in their classrooms.
- The program is for US citizens only.
- The program pays a stipend of $3,600.
- Travel reimbursements of up to $600 are paid to non-local residents.
- Housing is provided for non-local participants.
- Participants are required to participate in the entire six weeks of the program.
- Participants are required to attend all daily and weekly meetings, seminars, field trips and workshops.
To apply for our 2018 program, which runs from June 11 to July 20, 2018, please use the application link below. The application deadline is Friday, March 9, 2018 at 5 p.m. EST.
For more information contact Jose Sanchez at email@example.com or (850) 645-0033.