Research Experiences for Teachers (RET)
This exciting summer program gives K-12 teachers from across the country the chance to participate in real-world science and cutting-edge magnetic field research.
Funded by the National Science Foundation, this six-week residential program for U.S. citizens gives teachers from across the country the chance to participate in real-world science with MagLab scientists. Through weekly seminars, discussion groups, professional development and technology workshops, teachers develop strategies and resources to translate the experience into material for their classrooms.
Each teacher accepted by the program receives a stipend, classroom materials and, if necessary, travel support and housing. Teachers are expected to return to their jobs as leaders in service education, implementing science research in their classrooms.
- The program is for US citizens only.
- The program pays a stipend of $3,600.
- Travel reimbursements of up to $600 are paid to non-local residents.
- Housing is provided for non-local participants.
- Participants are required to participate in the entire six weeks of the program.
- Participants are required to attend all daily and weekly meetings, seminars, field trips and workshops.
The application process for the Summer 2017 RET program is now closed. The application process for the 2018 Summer RET will begin in November, please visit our website then for application information.
For more information contact Jose Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 645-0033.