Launched in 2006, the camps are run by the MagLab and WFSU. The 2022 SciGirls Summer Camp will be for campers (rising 6th, 7th, and 8th graders) who want to work on hands-on science and engineering projects, meet female role models, and interact with scientists and engineers, all while learning about the MagLab and science across the world.
During their experience, campers will receive:
- An exposure to a wide range of MagLab science and engineering disciplines.
- STEM experiences (labs, lectures, demonstrations).
- Opportunities to collaborate with other SciGirls campers and meet diverse women in STEM.
- Interactions with scientists and engineers.
- Materials to participate in STEM projects.
- A unique SciGirls Virtual Summer Camp T-shirt.
At the MagLab and WFSU, we value the health and safety of our staff, users, visitors and community. At this moment we are looking forward to offer in-person summer camps in July 2022 with precautions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We continue to monitor COVID infection rates and the impact of the Delta and Omicron variants as we plan for our summer programs. If the situation changes, all applicants will be notified and this site will be updated. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022 SciGirls Summer Camp
SciGirls Summer Camp is an epic science adventure for middle schoolers who are interested in a journey in STEM fields. This one-week summer experience will ignite their pursuit of a future academic path in STEM as the campers experience a deeper look into the world of MagLab research with opportunities to meet successful female scientists and find their SciGirls STEM path. SciGirls is for those who want to delve into the activity of doing science and take on a STEM adventure.
2022 Camp Information
Application Deadline: April 8
Camp Cost: $200 with scholarships available (Scholarship information in application)
Camp Location: National Magnet Lab, Tallahassee, FL
Camp Times: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST
Camp Dates: July 18-22
How to apply
- Complete an online application here.
- SciGirls Blog: Photos and other updates on the camp and SciGirls activities year-round
- Follow SciGirls on Twitter: @SciGirlsTally