Launched in 2006, the camps are run by the MagLab and WFSU. The 2021 SciGirls Summer Camp will be a virtual camp for campers (rising 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th graders) who want to work on hands-on science and engineering projects, meet female role models, and interact with scientists and engineers, all while learning about the MagLab and science across the world.
During their experience, campers will receive:
- An exposure to a wide range of science and engineering disciplines.
- STEM experiences (labs, lectures, demonstrations).
- Opportunities to collaborate with other SciGirls campers and meet diverse women in STEM.
- Interactions with scientists and engineers.
- Materials to participate in STEM projects.
- A unique SciGirls Virtual Summer Camp T-shirt.
After consulting safety guidelines from the CDC and FSU, we have decided that the MagLab's 2021 summer camps will be virtual experiences. These camps will still include hands-on experiences and interactions with STEM professionals. Camp applications will be opened in early March. Please visit this webpage again or sign up for our Educator's Club to receive more updates. Thank you for your patience.
2021 SciGirls Virtual Camp
SciGirls Virtual Camp is an epic science adventure for middle schoolers who are interested in a journey in STEM fields. This one-week summer experience will ignite their pursuit of a future academic path in STEM as the campers experience a deeper look into the world of research with opportunities to meet successful female scientists and find their SciGirls STEM path. SciGirls Virtual Camp is for those who want to delve into the activity of doing science and take on a STEM adventure. Mornings will include synchronous activities with their fellow SciGirls and our camp counselors. Afternoons will allow students to explore their STEM materials offline and rejoin with other SciGirls in a afternoon online session. Once accepted, SciGirls will have an option to pick up or be mailed their materials for the camp.
2021 Camp Information
Application Deadline: April 8 Extended to May 2
Camp Cost: $100 with scholarships available (Scholarship information in application)
Camp Platform: Meetings will be on Zoom
Camp Morning Session: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Camp Afternoon Session: 3:30 - 4:00 PM EST
- June 21 - June 25
- July 12 - July 16
- July 19 - July 23
How to apply
- Complete an online application.
- Download and print the Teacher Recommendation Form. The recommendation is required and must be mailed in by the teacher. Teachers can also fill out this form digitally by clicking here.
- SciGirls Blog: Photos and other updates on the camp and SciGirls activities year-round
- Follow SciGirls on Twitter: @SciGirlsTally