2017 was the inaugural year for the SciGirls Coding Camp, a spin-off from SciGirls Summer Camp. The camp is open to rising 6th-grade through rising 9th-grade students. Computer science is the science of choice for campers in SciGirls Coding Camp. Campers can expect an exposure to computer sciences, meeting with guest scientists and engineers who are currently working in the field, and a chance to interact with girls who have a similar interest. This is one week when we want our campers' eyes on the screen.
During their week, campers can expect:
- An introduction to computer coding languages
- Guest professionals who are currently working in the field
- Extensive group work
- Interactions with girls with similar interests
Dear summer camp applicant,
Due to COVID-19 we are cancelling our 2020 summer camps. We do not want to gather large groups unnecessarily and add more people to our spaces. All applicants to the camps will be informed by email. Please visit this webpage again in January of 2021 for more information or sign up for our Educator's Club to receive more updates.
2017 SciGirls Coding Camp Video
Video by WFSU Public Media
How to Apply
Applications for the Summer of 2020 can be found here:
Apply for SciGirls Coding Camp
- Complete an online application.
Attention: Carlos Villa
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
1800 East Paul Dirac Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32310
- Download and print the Teacher Recommendation Form. The recommendation is required. Teachers can also fill out this form digitally by clicking here.