2017 was the inaugural year for the SciGirls Coding Camp, a spin-off from SciGirls Summer Camp. Computer science is the science of choice for campers in SciGirls Coding Camp. The 2021 camp will be virtual camp with materials being delivered to the campers. It is open to rising 6th-grade through rising 9th-grade students. Campers can expect an exposure to computer sciences, meeting with guest scientists and engineers who are currently working in the field, and a chance to interact with girls who have a similar interest. This is one week when we want our campers' eyes on the screen.
During their experience, campers will receive:
- An exposure to the many differnce aspects of computer science.
- Coding experiences on their equipment.
- Opportunities to collaborate with other SciGirls Coding campers and meet diverse women in the field of computer sciences.
- Interactions with scientists and engineers.
- All required Coding materials to participate in the coding projects.
- A unique SciGirls Coding Virtual Summer Camp T-shirt.
After consulting safety guidelines from the CDC and FSU, we have decided that the MagLab's 2021 summer camps will be virtual experiences. These camps will still include hands-on experiences and interactions with STEM professionals. Camp applications will be opened in early March. Please visit this webpage again or sign up for our Educator's Club to receive more updates. Thank you for your patience.
2021 Camp Information
Application Deadline: April 8 Extended to May 2
Camp Cost: $100 with scholarships available (Scholarship information in application)
Camp Platform: Meetings will be on Zoom
Camp Morning Session: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Camp Afternoon Session: 3:30 - 4:00 PM EST
Camp Dates: July 19 - July 23
How to Apply
Applications for the Summer of 2021 can be found here: 2021 SciGirls Coding Camp
Apply for SciGirls Coding Camp
- Complete an online application.
- Download and print the Teacher Recommendation Form. The recommendation is required. Teachers can also fill out this form digitally by clicking here.