For the summer of 2021 the MagLab is offering a virtual Camp TESLA for boys and girls (rising 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th graders) who want to work on hands-on science and engineering projects, meet role models, and interact with scientists and engineers, all while learning about the MagLab and science across the world.
During their experience, campers will receive:
- An exposure to a wide range of science and engineering disciplines.
- STEM experiences (labs, lectures, and demonstrations).
- Opportunities to collaborate with other TESLA campers.
- Interactions with scientists, engineers, and science educators.
- Materials to participate in STEM projects.
- A unique MagLab Virtual Summer Camps T-shirt.
After consulting safety guidelines from the CDC and FSU, we have decided that the MagLab's 2021 summer camps will be virtual experiences. These camps will still include hands-on experiences and interactions with STEM professionals. Camp applications will be opened in early March. Please visit this webpage again or sign up for our Educator's Club to receive more updates. Thank you for your patience.
2021 Virtual Camp TESLA Details
Virtual Camp TESLA is a one week camp for middle schools students who are interested in STEM and want to know more about the MagLab. Virtual Camp TESLA allows the campers to explore science and meet other campers who are also STEM enthusiasts. Mornings will include synchronous activities with other campers and our camp counselors. Afternoons will allow students to explore their STEM materials offline and share in a afternoon online session. Once accepted, campers will have an option to pick up or be mailed their materials for the camp.
Camp Cost: $100 with scholarships available (Scholarship information in application)
Camp Platform: Meetings will be on Zoom
Camp Morning Session: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Camp Afternoon Session: 3:30 - 4:00 PM EST
- June 14 - June 18
- June 28 - July 2
- July 12 - July 16
How to Apply
- Complete an online application.
- Download and print the letter of recommendation from a school teacher or counselor. Teachers can also fill out this form digitally by clicking here.