High School Externship
This program is designed for students enrolled in their high school's Externship Program.
The program runs from September – May. Students can begin to apply the first week of April for their placement that starts when their Externship course begins (Typically the first week of September).
Applying to the Program
- All Externs must secure their own placement with a scientist at the lab. This will require students to contact a scientist at the lab and request to be placed in their lab. For information on how to contact scientists please email Jose Sanchez at email@example.com
- All Externs must fill out an online application.
- Jose Sanchez will notify all accepted externs in May via email
- All Externs are required to have their own transportation to and from the lab
- All Externs must sign in and out at the front desk every time they come to the lab
- Externs that are under 18 years old must fill out a record of volunteer form and waiver of liability form.
- All Externs must complete the required safety training for the work they will be doing at the lab. Safety training courses will be scheduled once a mentor has been secured
All Externs will complete a poster highlighting the work they did during their Externship at a poster session at the conclusion of the program. Jose Sanchez will provide examples and mentors will provide guidance on the communication of research.