Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
The MagLab's Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) is an exciting summer program for college students interested in a science career by giving them the chance to work with MagLab scientists on an in-depth research project. This program is funded by the National Science Foundation.
Dear REU applicant,
Due to the Covid19 virus we are cancelling our summer 2020 program. We do not want to create unnecessary travel and add more people to our spaces. We will send an email to all applicants. Please visit this webpage again in January of 2021 for more information.
Mentorship is defined as a professional, working alliance in which individuals work together over time to support the personal and professional growth, development, and success of the relational partners through the provision of career and psychosocial support.
The MagLab REU program offers a wide range of research experiences in physics, chemistry, biological sciences, geochemistry, materials science and magnet science and engineering. Participants work closely with MagLab mentors on a research project. Students also participate in weekly seminars and colloquia that broaden their knowledge of MagLab research and future careers.
Students can be placed at one of the MagLab's 3 locations: Florida State University, in Tallahassee, FL; University of Florida in Gainesville, FL; and the MagLab's pulsed field facility at Los Alamos National Laboratory in Los Alamos, NM.
Due to Covid19, we have cancelled this program for the summer of 2020. Please revisit this page in January of 2021 for more information regarding the 2021 summer. Applicants will need to submit a new application for next year.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors on school letterhead (send to email@example.com)
- Transcripts from all universities and colleges you have attended (Transcripts can be official or unofficial, and can either be uploaded during application process, sent by the applicant by email or sent directly from the institution to the MagLab).
- Goal statement (uploaded during application process)
- The Goal statement should be about what your plans are for the future.
- Resume (uploaded during application process)
For more information contact Carlos Villa.