Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
The MagLab's prestigious Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) is an exciting summer program for college students interested in a science career the chance to partner with a MagLab scientist on an in-depth research project.
The program offers a wide range of research experiences in physics, chemistry, biological sciences, geochemistry, materials science and magnet science and engineering. Participants work closely with faculty mentors and are thoroughly integrated into research and development activities. Students also participate in weekly seminars and colloquia that broaden their knowledge of Magnet Lab research.
Students can be placed at one of the Magnet Lab's 3 sites: The National High Magnetic Field Lab in Tallahassee, FL. The Magnet Lab at the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL and the Magnet Lab's pulse facility at Los Alamos National Laboratory in Los Alamos, NM.
Each student accepted by the program receives a stipend and, if necessary, a travel stipend of up to $600. Housing is also covered by the program.
- The program is for U.S. citizens and permanent residents only.
- Housing is provided for out-of-area students who are placed at the Tallahassee site and do not attend Florida State University, or students who are placed at the University of Florida site and do not attend the University of Florida.
- $5000 non-duty payment is provided to all participants.
- Travel reimbursements of up to $600 are paid to students who do not attend FSU or do not have permanent residence in Tallahassee. Students whose parents or legal guardians live in Tallahassee are not eligible for reimbursement. The travel reimbursement will only cover direct travel from the students’ home to the lab location.
- Students are required to participate throughout all ten weeks of the program.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors on school letterhead (send to email@example.com)
- Transcripts from all universities and colleges you have attended (Transcripts can be official or unofficial, and can either be uploaded during application process, sent by the applicant by email or sent directly from the institution to the MagLab).
- Goal statement (uploaded during application process)
- Resume (uploaded during application process)
All correspondence can be sent Attention:
1800 E Paul Dirac Drive.
Tallahassee, FL 32310
For more information contact Jose Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 645-0033.