1800 E. Paul Dirac Dr.
Tallahassee , FL 32310-3706
- 1989 Ph.D., Physics, Brown University
- 1985 M.Sc., Physics, Brown University
- 1983 B.Sc., Physics, University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia
- Experimental condensed matter physics; effects of disorder and strong electronic correlations in two-dimensional (2D) and quasi-2D systems, primarily using electrical transport and resistance noise spectroscopy techniques.
- Topics include phase transitions (metal-insulator, superconductor-insulator, structural, and Berezinskii-Kosterlitz-Thouless transitions), charge dynamics (glassy freezing and other out-of-equilibrium behavior), superconducting fluctuations, mesoscopic effects.
- Materials include semiconductor heterostructures, layered transition-metal dichalcogenides, copper-oxide high-temperature superconductors, iron pnictides, and quasicrystals.
- My research has been supported by the National Science Foundation since 1995 (see "Grants").
- 2017-present Research Professor, Department of Physics, Florida State University
- 2014-present Senior Scientist (change of work title), NHMFL
- 2004-2013 Scholar/Scientist, NHMFL
- 2000-2004 Associate Scholar/Scientist, NHMFL
- 1997-2000 Assistant Scholar/Scientist, NHMFL
- 1995-1997 Visiting Scientist, NHMFL
- 1993-1997 Assistant Professor of Physics, City College of the City University of New York
- April 1990-1993 Postdoctoral Research Associate, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
- 1989-March 1990 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Brown University
Awards, Honors, and Service
- American Physical Society, Member-at-Large on the Executive Committee of the Division of Condensed Matter Physics (2021)
- Full Member, Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Honor Society (2020)
- AAAS, Member of the Electorate Nominating Committee of the Section on Physics (2020)
- NSF Committee of Visitors for the Division of Materials Research (2019)
- Outstanding Referee, American Physical Society (2017)
- Research Professor, Department of Physics, Florida State University (2017)
- Distinguished University Scholar, Florida State University (2013)
- Fellow, American Physical Society (2012)
Publications and Scientific Activities