Manage all administrative functions for the Materials, Science and Technology (MS&T) Division of the MagLab. Serve as a lead administrative staff member for a complex department.
Manage administrative requirements of contracts and grants proposals to include preparing periodic and final reports, interpreting grant regulations and procedures. Development and implementation of administrative procedures for managing and utilizing grant resources and monitoring project progress and completion. Interface with Sponsored Research Office and coordinate grant activities among institutions and sub-contractors. Manage department’s budgets, purchasing and travel expenditures.
Manage personnel activities within the department to include appointments/reappointments. Initiate recruitment of new faculty and staff, including OPS employees. Process annual activities (Faculty and staff evaluations, AOR's, outside activities, etc.). Responsible for managing MS&T data in the MagLab's personnel management system and for Annual Reports. Supervise support staff to include prioritization of work-flow, evaluation, training, discipline and distribution of resources.
Participate in short and long-range planning to include policy and program development. Responsible for the planning and execution of departmental events (workshops, seminars, conferences, etc.). Monitor inventory levels of office and other designated supplies and equipment; order, receive and maintain appropriate levels of supplies and track expenditures.
Departmental travel representative responsibilities. Prepare travel authorization reports and expense reports in accordance with the university's financial norms.
Bachelor's degree and four years of experience; or a high school diploma/equivalent and experience equal to eight years. (Note: post-high school education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Experience with managing budgets.
- Extensive experience Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or comparable software.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and establish effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of grant writing and submission.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Must have strong organizational skills. Applicants must upload a resume with their online application.
- Knowledge of purchasing and human resources functions.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, and principles.
- Supervisory experience.
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu, Job # 50208. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
For additional information, contact:Bettina Roberson:
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University,
1800 E. Paul Dirac Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32310-2740
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. If you meet these criteria, you must be prepared to provide the following information to FSU upon request:
- Every institution of higher education attended, whether or not listed on your CV or resume
- All previous employment since your 18th birthday
- A list of all published material
- A list of all current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount
- List and description of any non-university professional activities
- Any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country
- A complete copy of your passport
- Your most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application)
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.