This position will lead and support complex project controls functions and provide guidance to the National MagLab leadership, project management professionals, research scientists, and other support staff. Coordinate and implement project management principles and concepts with an in-depth understanding of project controls processes/procedures and systems, and lead projects in support of the MagLab's mission. Responsible for project management/project controls associated with leading and managing project planning, monitoring, and scheduling tasks, applying a broad range of project management and project controls practices. Track employee performance during projects and support project managers. Develop and maintain resource-loaded schedules. Prepare monthly status reports and advise project managers on critical areas and progress toward milestones. Perform cost, schedule and earned value (EV) analyses to identify and report variances from the baseline plan. Perform the full range of project management cycle: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing. Interface with project managers, research scientists, engineers, procurement contract administrators, financial analysts, and governing bodies and regulators on project planning and controls issues and requests. Implement standards, system descriptions, software applications, protocols, and practices in Project Management/Project Control.
Bachelor's degree and four years of experience; or a of high school diploma/equivalent and experience equal to eight years. (Note: post-high school education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Demonstrated expertise in all foundational aspects of project planning and controls, including planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Firm understanding of project management principles.
- Ability to use professional concepts and project objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications or comparable software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team with diverse technical backgrounds.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must be Project Management Professional (PMP) certified or become certified within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated experience working in a project environment with professionals and other support staff and managing project controls.
- In-depth knowledge of project controls systems including Primavera P6 and Cobra (or equivalent scheduling and cost processing tools).
- Extensive understanding of common PM software and applicable EVMS techniques and project management procedures.
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu, Job # 50277. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
For additional information, contact:Bettina Roberson:
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University,
1800 E. Paul Dirac Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32310-2740
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. If you meet these criteria, you must be prepared to provide the following information to FSU upon request:
- Every institution of higher education attended, whether or not listed on your CV or resume
- All previous employment since your 18th birthday
- A list of all published material
- A list of all current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount
- List and description of any non-university professional activities
- Any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country
- A complete copy of your passport
- Your most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application)
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.