This position will create and maintain project web pages for each new project with scope, budget and schedule data. Manage the MagLab facilities workorder database. Provide planning support to the MagLab Facilities department including the development of the annual shutdown work schedule. Data entry and technical support to department staff by utilizing AIM software for asset information and preventative maintenance. Responsible for customer service, tracking and referral assistance for FSU Facilities work orders and interface with FSU maintenance, fire technicians, animal control and other departments as requested. Coordinate all payroll, personnel and travel related activities for the Facilities department at the National MagLab. Responsible for purchasing office supplies and materials and work with local vendors to obtain needed materials. Track expenditures and revenue and monitor department's budgets. Create and add content to SharePoint web sites for the MagLab Facilities Department and work with MagLab programming group on SharePoint issues and improvements. Track contractor's compliance with annual safety video requirement and training program. Act as a liaison between FSU ITS and MagLab occupants. Place phone orders and repairs as needed. Serve as backup to Safety coordinator and coordinate special projects as directed.
Bachelor's degree and two years experience; or a high school diploma/equivalent and experience equal to six years. (Note: post-high school education may substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Experience working in an administrative office environment.
- Experience with administrative responsibilities such as fiscal/budget, purchasing, or personnel appointments.
- Computer skills to include experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or comparable software.
- Knowledge of office and telephone etiquette, and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to function independently, prioritize responsibilities, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to interpret and apply related university policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with a diverse group of individuals.
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu, Job # 50188. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
For additional information, contact:Bettina Roberson:
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University,
1800 E. Paul Dirac Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32310-2740
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. If you meet these criteria, you must be prepared to provide the following information to FSU upon request:
- Every institution of higher education attended, whether or not listed on your CV or resume
- All previous employment since your 18th birthday
- A list of all published material
- A list of all current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount
- List and description of any non-university professional activities
- Any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country
- A complete copy of your passport
- Your most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application)
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.