The lab offers programing for all ages, which we evaluate and improve each year. Every year these programs reach:
- More than 5,000 K-12 students through onsite and in-class outreach, summer camps and mentorship and internship programs
- More than 5,000 members of the general public who attend our annual Open House and other events and programs at local and national venues
- More than 100 teachers who attend workshops and in-depth summer programs, or who take advantage of our student outreach programs
- More than 100 undergraduates who enroll in intensive summer programs or tour the lab
- More than 30 postdocs and graduate students participating in early-career training
Magnet Academy, the education section of the MagLab’s website, receives about 750,000 unique pageviews a year from viewers around the world. The educational videos on the lab’s YouTube channel receive more than 90,000 views a year.
CIRL staff members conduct rigorous research in the areas of teacher professional development and barriers for women and underrepresented minorities in STEM. The results of their research are presented at national conferences and published in key STEM education journals. For a complete list, please visit the CIRL publications page.
For more information on the lab’s educational outreach, please visit the Center for Integrating Research & Learning or contact Center Director Roxanne Hughes.