The MagLab is committed to ensuring that data taken on our world-unique instruments are shared in alignment with FAIR data principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) to benefit the entire scientific community.
Beginning in February 2021, the MagLab released a new FAIR Data Management Plan that features new initiatives to ensure broad distribution and access to high field data:
- Users will be asked to complete a FAIR Data Management form during their request for magnet time to share how they plan to archive and share the data they take at the MagLab in a way that aligns with FAIR principles.
- All data taken at the MagLab on MagLab computers will be archived and users who take data on their own computers will either provide us with a copy to archive or share their plans for how they will archive their data themselves.
- The MagLab's publication database now offers a new field for users to provide a link to their data sets. These publicly-accessible data sets will display in publication search results
- Software developed for data acquisition or analysis is openly available on our website for reuse in accordance with FAIR principles.
- Users are encouraged to leverage the use of Open Science Framework (OSF) at this time as the lab considers broader adoption of OSF as a project management and data sharing platform between MagLab facilities and external users.
We are leveraging the experience and expertise of many FAIR data partners, including the National Science Foundation, FSU Libraries, FSU's Interdisciplinary Data Science Master's Degree Program, UF's Big New Data Initiative and the LANL Library.
These are our first steps into the new FAIR data space, but our lab looks forward to engaging with our user community, host institutions, funding agencies and other stakeholders as we work to ensure findability, accessibility, interoperability, and reusability of all MagLab data.
FAIR Data Management Plans
The MagLab-wide plan details data management practices across all MagLab facilities and for all users: MagLab-wide User FAIR Data Management Plan.
This broad plan is supplemented by User Facility DMPs that offer additional details specific to each facility and the practices of their unique user communities. Users are welcome to leverage MagLab DMPs and resources in preparation of their own individual funding proposals.
- AMRIS Facility Data Management Plan
- DC Field Facility Data Management Plan
- EMR Facility Data Management Plan
- ICR Facility Data Management Plan
- Pulsed Field Facility Data Management Plan
Latest FAIR Highlights
Facility: NMR-MRI/S Facility (900MHz ultrawide bore magnet)
Original Publication: Cell 2017 171 (3), 615-627.e16 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2017.08.048
FAIR Data Set: Protein Data Bank ID 5W3N
Facility: Ion Cyclotron Resonance (21 T FT-ICR)
Original Publication: Journal of Proteome Research 2017 16 (2), 1087-1096 DOI: 10.1021/acs.jproteome.6b00696
FAIR Data Set: Mass Spectrometry Interactive Virtual Environment (MassIVE) repository;Accession Number (ID) MSV000079978
2021 FAIR Data User Workshop - National MagLab